ExplorerView, written exclusively for Windows Vista, puts you back in the driver's seat of Windows Explorer. ExplorerView gives you the ability to turn off the way Explorer attempts to auto-detect the contents of a folder. If you use Explorer very much, you know this feature is not accurate, and can lead to frustrating file browsing. While ExplorerView was written for Windows Vista, Windows 7 users may find this utility useful as well.
Just Manager is an easy to use application that allows you to organize your files, as well as rename or delete them. Its multi-panel interface allows you to manage multiple folders at once. You can use the multi-renaming tool to batch rename files. Features: Multi-panel interface, Panel tabs, File operations, File search, Quick search, Multi-rename tool, FTP, Customizable interface.
Download Just Manager
A General purpose two-panel file manager for Windows.
- Create zip and iso files
- Upload files to the Internet using FTP
- Fast file handling using the keyboard
- Built-in viewers handling many file formats
- Advanced built-in text editor
- Create animated gifs
- Create shortcut menus for your USB flash drives
- Portable - a single exe file with no particular dependencies
- Convert mdb files to csv or dbf
- No installation required (self-extracting zip exe provided for convenience)
- No uninstallation required (just delete the folder)
- Free for non-professional home use.
XXCOPY is simply a logical extension to XCOPY. It remains faithfully compatible with XCOPY in the invocation syntax, yet, adds many innovative features to be a very serious utility for anyone who feels comfortable in managing files in command line mode (DOS Box). XXCOPY has grown to be not just a file copy program but also a file removal, search and list utility. Its short name preserving capability makes it ideal to clone a system disk which can be made bootable. In short, it is an industrial strenth utility for system administrators.
Multi Commander is a multi-tabbed file manager that is an alternative to the standard Windows Explorer. It uses the very popular and efficient dual-panel layout. Multi Commander has a everything you need in your daily works with files to make your work fast and efficient.
Download Multi Commander
Tablacus Explorer is a free tabbed file manager.
- Tabbed interface
- Flexible layouts
- Customizable html appearance
- Customizable association, menus, keys, mouse, alias
- Customizable scripts work
- Save the configuration to xml
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- 64-bit (x64 Edition) and 32-bit (x86 Edition) versions are available.
Download Tablacus Explorer
NiceCopier replaces windows explorer file copy, it adds many feartures like pausing, resuming and it calculates the best copy speed. Its main goal is to improve the copy organisation and GUI.
MyCO (My Commander) is a small, smart, and fast file manager for Windows 7.
- Copy, move, rename, files
- Create, copy , move, rename, folders, jonctions, softlinks, hardlinks, mountpoints
- Create, extract ISO files
- Create, extract zip files...
Moroshka File Manager
The goal of Moroshka File Manager is the ultimate simplification of file management tasks.
10+ unique features like these:
- Work with NTFS streams on Windows
- Keep the terminal window when a process is closed
- Create links/softlinks
- iPhone/iPod/iPad filesystem management (iTunes must be installed for this feature)
- Open ISO and UDF images as archives
... plus other features:
- Multitab layout support
- All standard file operations
- Multi-thread file management processing (several operations can run simultaneously)
- WebDAV/FTP/SSH/SMB client (works with IPv6 addresses)
- Internal pack-unpack support for more than 17 compression algorithms.
Download Moroshka File Manager
Nemo is to documents what Outlook is for calendars. It's an intuitive way to manage files to make you more productive.
Nemo is a Windows application that inspects your current folder structure to give you a new view of your files. Documents, images and other files are mapped into a calendar-like view that you are used to from Outlook or Google Calendar. This makes your files a lot easier to find so that you can focus on other things.
Nemo stays out of the way as much as possible, but lives in the notification area so that it's always just a click away.
Download Nemo Documents
Far Manager is a text mode program for managing files and archives in Windows operating systems.
Download Far Manager
Explorer++ is a free multi-tab file manager for Windows. Available on Windows XP and above, it features the same familiar interface as Windows Explorer, while introducing several enhancements and improvements for a much richer file browsing experience.
Q-Dir makes your files and folder easy to manage. Fast and easy access, with an amazing Quadro-View technique. You don't have to renounce the usual, Drag and Drop, all Views, and other functions of your system.
Double Commander is a cross platform open source file manager with two panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas.
Download Double Commander
FlexTk is an advanced file management toolkit allowing one to search and classify files, perform disk space utilization analysis, automatically organize files according to user-defined policies, copy large amounts of files in a fault-tolerant way, synchronize disks and directories, identify duplicate files and free-up wasted storage space.
Download FlexTk Express